The UK’s biggest oral health campaign, National Smile Month, begins on Monday 18 May.
To raise awareness of the importance of looking after your teeth and maintaining a healthy mouth, the Dental team from Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust will be out and about across the city promoting the campaign.
The Dental team will be at the following locations during the month long campaign giving advice and free dental hygiene products:
- Tuesday 26 May, 10am to 1pm, Adventure Kids Play Centre, Beeston
- Monday 1 June, 9am to 12pm, Mothercare, Crown Point Shopping Centre
- Tuesday 2 June, 9.30am to 12.30pm, Jungle Kids Play Centre, Armley
- Wednesday 3 June, 9am to 12pm, Mothercare, Crown Point Shopping Centre
- Wednesday 10 June, 10am to 2.30pm, Public Health Resource Centre, Technorth
- Thursday 11 June, 10am to 4pm, Asda, Middleton
Kathy Fox, Dental team leader, said: “Each year the National Smile Month campaign grows bigger but it is important that we continue to spread the messages around oral health. We still need to educate many adults, as well as children, on the ways to keep your teeth and mouth healthy.”
National Smile Month promotes three key messages that everyone can follow:
- Brush your teeth last thing at night and on at least one other occasion with fluoride toothpaste
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks
- Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.
Find out more about the campaign, which runs until Thursday 18 June, at www.nationalsmilemonth.org