In light of the current Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, MCard will be advising customers to hold on to their existing Annual MCards if they have been forced to stop travelling following the Government’s instructions for people to stay at home and only use public transport if their journey is essential.
MCard customers who have an annual ticket will be able to extend the duration of the product so that any unused value can be used once things return to normal.
Bus and rail operators are running emergency timetables focused on ensuring key workers can get where they need to go as reliably and safely as possible. Those who need to use public transport for essential journeys are being urged to regularly check wymetro.com and @metrotravelnews on Twitter for the latest information before they travel.
In line with the closure of all but essential retail services, all West Yorkshire bus station travel centres have been forced to close until further notice however any MCard customers who are keyworkers and still travelling can add travel tickets to their MCard via alternative methods.
Joanna Chew, Commercial Development Manager at the West Yorkshire Ticketing Company, said:
“While we are urging everyone to avoid non-essential use of our public transport network to slow the spread of Covid-19, we recognise that annual customers are concerned about getting the full value of their MCard, which is why we are extending our annual product for those who are not travelling and we are confident that this offers everyone the best value for money in the exceptional circumstances we all face.”
MCard are advising customers to always check for the latest updates before they travel and visit m-card.co.uk for more information. In line with the current Terms and Conditions customers with cards less than nine months old are eligible for partial refunds and the normal administration fee for those who want to do this will be waived.
For MCard customers who need to travel, there are many ways to add travel tickets to your MCard without visiting travel centres:
- Download the MCard App to any Android Smartphone to top up anytime, anywhere
- You can top up at any Bus Station MCard ticket machine. MCard Bus Station ticket machines can be found at: Bradford Interchange, Halifax, Huddersfield, Leeds, Castleford, Pontefract, Dewsbury, Keighley and Wakefield.
- For Bus and Rail Travel top up at any of the following rail station ticket machines: Leeds, Batley, Burley Park, Crossgates, East Garforth, Garforth, Headingley, Horsforth, New Pudsey, Woodlesford, Apperley Bridge, Bingley, Bradford F Square, Bradford Int, Burley in Wharfedale, Castleford, Crossflats, Frizinghall, Guiseley, Menston, Normanton, Saltaire, Sandal & Agbrigg, Shipley, Wakefield Kirkgate, Ben Rhydding, Fitzwilliam, Halifax, Ilkley, Keighley, Hebden Bridge, Moorthorpe, Mytholmroyd, Slaithwaite, South Elmsall, Sowerby Bridge, Steeton & Silsden, Todmorden, Dewsbury, Huddersfield
- Top up at Payzone outlets, look out for the MCard logo
- For travel information, or bus pass enquiries please visit wymetro.com or call MetroLine on 0113 245 7676