Entries are now open for the prestigious Visit York Tourism Awards 2023, sponsored by LNER, which recognise, congratulate and celebrate outstanding businesses and individuals that deliver a world-class experience for visitors to the city.
The last Visit York Tourism Awards 2022 took place earlier this year in March, where 15 of York’s top tourism businesses celebrated a win at the ceremony at York Racecourse. Winners of eligible categories were put forward to the national VisitEngland Awards for Excellence, with Middletons Hotel’s Adam Wardale going on to win the national Unsung Hero award.
Returning on 23rd March 2023 at York Racecourse for a black-tie ceremony and an evening of entertainment, there will be 16 Visit York Tourism Awards up for grabs including:
● B&B and Guest House of the Year
● Camping, Glamping and Holiday Park of the Year
● Cultural Venue of the Year* sponsored by Clarion Housing Group
● Ethical, Responsible & Sustainable Tourism Award sponsored by The Fabl
● Event or Festival the Year* sponsored by LNER
● Experience of the Year sponsored by Destination Core
● Large Attraction of the Year
● Large Hotel of the Year sponsored by Streamline Taxis
● New Tourism Business of the Year
● Pub of the Year sponsored by Hunter Gee Holroyd
● Resilience & Innovation Award sponsored by York St John University
● Retailer of the Year* sponsored by Fidomoney
● Self Catering Accommodation of the Year
● Small Attraction of the Year
● Small Hotel of the Year
● Taste of England Award sponsored by Fowlers of York
There are two new categories introduced for the 2023 awards, ‘Cultural Venue of the Year’ and ‘Ethical, Responsible & Sustainable Tourism Award’.
From hotels to restaurants, pubs to visitor attractions; businesses and cultural organisations across the city are being urged to enter – with the deadline of Friday 26th August to submit their winning entries online at www.visityork.org/awards. The awards are free to enter for Visit York members and £150+VAT for non-members.
Once all the entries are in, a panel of independent judges will decide on the final shortlist and winners through a mix of mystery shopping and rigorous analysis against the entry criteria. Businesses can check the eligibility criteria and enter the Visit York Tourism Awards online at
*Visit York only. These categories are not eligible to go forward to the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence.